We hope you have had an enjoyable year. We know moving out can be a busy and stressful time, so we want to make sure you have all the information you need, making the process as easy and seamless as possible! Please spend some time reading the details below to help you.
When you first moved in we emailed you a copy of the written schedule of condition completed on your property at the start of the tenancy. We also took a video recording for our records. This report will be used when inspecting your property on the final day of your tenancy.
All keys (including mailbox key, window or balcony) and parking fobs/permits (if applicable) must be returned to our office no later than 12 noon on the final day of your tenancy. If your keys are not returned to Exchange Residential by this time, you will be charged for the cost of replacement.
If your key is lost, stolen or damaged the cost of replacement will be charged at £30.00 Inc VAT (non-refundable).
If your tenancy finishes on a weekend day when the office is closed please contact the office to advise on the procedure.
- The property should be cleaned to a professional standard.
- There should be no personal items left behind. If you’re not keeping items that are still good to use (excluding food), consider donating them to a charity shop.
- You should ensure your property is free from dust, greasy deposits, marks, stains and that areas like the kitchen and bathrooms are hygienically clean.
- If any rubbish (whether bagged or not) is present on the day you leave, we will have no alternative but to pay for the immediate disposal of this rubbish and charge this cost to you. For the benefit of your neighbours, please plan ahead and dispose of your rubbish gradually in the run up to your departure date.
- Final meter readings should have been taken.
- Furniture should be put back to where it was at the start of the tenancy.
- Any yard, gardens or balconies should be free of debris and rubbish.
- Most deposit deductions are as a result of poor cleanliness – please make sure your property is cleaned to a professional standard!
CLEANING & HYGIENE
At the end of your tenancy you need to hand over your property in a clean and fit state and in the same condition as you found it. If you do this it should help you get your deposit back quickly and intact.
Here is a check list of tools and equipment you will need:
- Broom or vacuum with attachment
- Spot carpet cleaner
- Cleaning cloths
- All-purpose cleanser or mild cleanser of choice
- Oven cleaner
- Laundry products
- Glass cleaner
- Small bucket with handle
- Copious supply of bin bags
- Spot remover for upholstery
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0191 269 9920.