We’d like to wish each and every one of you a wonderful festive season, whether you’re returning home to visit your family or staying in the Toon for the Winter break.
As many of you will be away from your rental properties over the winter period, please ensure that if your studio or flat is left vacant for any length of time over holiday season; it is left in a safe and secure condition.
We would advise the following
· Ensure that the heating is not turned off – we recommend leaving it on for a few hours a day.
· Ensure the water stop cock is turned off.
· Ensure all electrical appliances are turned off at the sockets.
· Ensure all windows and doors are left closed and locked, and that expensive items are not left on display.
· Ensure bathrooms and kitchens are left in a clean and hygienic condition.
· Ensure your burglar alarm is set (where applicable).
· Ensure a neighbour has your contact numbers should there be a problem while you are away.
· If your property is to be empty for longer than 28 days, please advise us in accordance with clause 3(e) of your tenancy agreement.
The Exchange Residential office will be closed from 5pm 24th December and reopen at 9am on the 2nd January.
Please continue to report your non-emergency maintenance via email to your property manager.
Please be aware that email support will be limited throughout the Christmas break.
IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY OUT OF HOURS, PLEASE TELEPHONE 07739 615690
Please note this number is only to be used in an emergency where there is threat to general safety or risk of serious damage to the property.
On all other occasions, queries are to be reported to the office in writing or by email as per clause 5(a) of your tenancy agreement.
Exchange Residential offers a range of student accommodation in and around Newcastle city centre, in areas like Jesmond, Heaton, Shieldfield and indeed Ouseburn. Interested? Get in touch with us at email@example.com to arrange a viewing.