Student Letting Info
We’re here to help you find your perfect pad. After all we’ve helped over 40,000 students find their ideal homes in fantastic areas here in Newcastle over the last 20 years.
We have hundreds of houses, apartments and flats that are perfect for students, situated in great locations, close to Newcastle University and Northumbria University campus and in the coolest parts of town.
New to Newcastle and not sure where to live? Our Locations Guide which gives more information on what’s happening in the heart of the city centre, Jesmond, Shieldfield, Gateshead Quays, Sandyford, Ouseburn and more will help you decide where is right for you.
Use our handy Locations Guide to find the right place for you.
We know it can be a challenge balancing your money and paying your bills when you first move out of home. All the info you need to keep on top of your rental payments is included below and in your tenancy agreement, but remember, if anything isn’t clear or you need some advice, just get in touch.
How to make a payment:
If you are currently renting a property from Exchange Residential that is also managed by us, your rent should be paid by standing order to the following account –
Account Name: Exchange Residential
Account No: 30682160
Sort Code: 20-59-76
Please use the following reference to ensure we can identify you: ‘FIRST LINE OF ADDRESS / YOUR INITIALS’ e.g. Happy Street/AB
The above bank details can also be used for bank transfers.
If you are making a payment from an international bank account, you will also need the following details:
IBAN: GB39 BUKB 2059 7630 6821 60
Applicants preparing to start a tenancy with Exchange Residential:
If you are soon to start renting a property from Exchange Residential and wish to pay any of your pre-tenancy costs (damage deposit or first month’s rent) these can be paid in one of the following ways:
- By bank transfer using the details shown above and using the designated reference.
- By cash at the Exchange Residential office (please bring the exact money).
- By debit card at the Exchange Residential office (please note that we only accept UK debit cards, not credit cards, American Express or international cards).
- By cheque (please allow seven days for clearing).
Remember, for both tenants and applicants, if you need any clarification on when your payments are due or the amount to be paid, simply email email@example.com
We understand… no one likes talking about fees, after all they’re not fun, but hopefully laying all of the information down here will help all of our tenants understand what they are signing up for when they commit to a tenancy and where any costs may occur.
Tenant fees are as follows:
Before you move in:
- One week’s rent which acts as your holding deposit.
- One month’s rent which becomes your damage deposit (with holding deposit deducted).
Please note: we cannot accept deposit payments by any third party. We can only accept deposit payments by named tenants. Any attempted payment by a third party will be refunded and not treated as form of payment towards the deposit.
During your tenancy you may incur the following fees and costs to Exchange Residential and respective third-party suppliers:
- Key replacement – the cost of the key and/or security device plus £15.00 p/h for staff time
- Unpaid rent – interest on arrears is chargeable at a rate of 3% plus the Bank of England base rate
- Tenancy amendment fee – £50.00 (inc. VAT)
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water. This will differ per property
- Communications – telephone and broadband. This will differ per property
- Installation of cable/satellite. This will differ per property
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier. This will differ per property
- Television licence
- Council tax – if applicable
End of tenancy:
- Professional cleaning – charged at an hourly rate which will vary between suppliers
- Charges for any breach of tenancy agreement