Lettings info for professional tenants
Are you a professional searching for your perfect Newcastle pad? Do you want to rent a place of your own, with a partner, with your friends or even join an existing house-share? We’ve got all bases covered and in the most popular Newcastle locations too.
You may want to live in the leafy suburbs of Jesmond, with its fantastic nightlife, independent shops and buzzing restaurants. The fantastic Ouseburn Valley is the exciting cultural quarter of Newcastle and offers craft beer start-ups, brilliant pubs with regular live music and hipster cafés.
Sandyford has an eclectic mix of up-and-coming cafés, pizzerias and, if you’re a cinema buff, it has its own picture house. Or Newcastle city centre or Gateshead Quays may be ideal for your new home, right in the heart of the action. So, what you waiting for?
Take a look at our fantastic portfolio of houses, apartments and flats. They’ll be right up your street.
Use our handy Locations Guide to find the right place for you.
All the info you need to keep on top of your rental payments is included below and in your tenancy agreement, but remember, if anything isn’t clear or you need some advice, just get in touch.
How to make a payment:
If you are currently renting a property from Exchange Residential that is also managed by us, your rent should be paid by standing order to the following account –
Account Name: Exchange Residential
Account No: 30682160
Sort Code: 20-59-76
Please use the following reference to ensure we can identify you: ‘FIRST LINE OF ADDRESS/YOUR INITIALS’ e.g. Happy Street/AB
The above bank details can also be used for bank transfers.
If you are making a payment from an international bank account, you will also need the following details:
IBAN: GB39 BUKB 2059 7630 6821 60
Applicants preparing to start a tenancy with Exchange Residential:
If you are soon to start renting a property from Exchange Residential and wish to pay any of your pre-tenancy costs (damage deposit or first month’s rent) these can be paid in one of the following ways:
- By bank transfer using the details shown above and using the designated reference.
- By cash at the Exchange Residential office (exact monies only please).
- By debit card at the Exchange Residential office (please note that we only accept UK debit cards, not credit cards, American Express or international cards).
- By cheque (please allow seven days for clearing).
Remember, for both tenants and applicants, if you need any clarification on when your payments are due or the amount to be paid, simply email email@example.com
We understand… no one likes talking about fees, after all they’re not fun, but hopefully laying all of the information down here will help all of our tenants understand what they are signing up for when they commit to a tenancy and where any costs may occur.
Tenant fees are as follows:
Before you move in:
- One week’s rent which acts as your holding deposit.
- One month’s rent which becomes your damage deposit (with holding deposit deducted).
Please note: we cannot accept deposit payments by any third party. We can only accept deposit payments by named tenants. Any attempted payment by a third party will be refunded and not treated as form of payment towards the deposit.
During your tenancy you may incur the following fees and costs to Exchange Residential and respective third-party suppliers
- Key replacement – the cost of the key and/or security device plus £15.00 p/h for staff time.
- Unpaid rent – interest on arrears is chargeable at a rate of 3% plus the Bank of England base rate
- Tenancy amendment fee – £50.00 (inc. VAT)
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water. This will differ per property
- Communications – telephone and broadband. This will differ per property
- Installation of cable/satellite. This will differ per property
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier. This will differ per property
- Television licence
- Council tax
End of tenancy
- Professional cleaning – charged at an hourly rate, but will vary between suppliers
- Charges for any breach of tenancy agreement