Landlord FAQs

What do I do about insurance?

At Exchange Residential we work with LegalforLandlords, a market leading provider of referencing and insurance solutions to the lettings industry. LegalforLandlords not only provide accurate and efficient referencing, but they also offer comprehensive and affordable specialist landlords’ insurance too.

For more information about the services available from LegalforLandlords, contact Becki Pollard on 0191 2699920 or 

What is Client Money Protection?

Client Money Protection (CMP) is a scheme that reimburses landlords and tenants should an agent misappropriate their rent, deposit or other client funds. It is mandatory for all letting agents. Exchange Residential use ARLA Propertymark for their CMP and their conduct and membership rules can be found here: